Monday, September 10, 2007

Mujhe Mat Roko

Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness,
Close bosom-friend of the maturing sun;
Conspiring with him how to load and bless
With fruit the vines that round the thatch-eves run;
To bend with apples the moss'd cottage-trees,
And fill all fruit with ripeness to the core;
To swell the gourd, and plump the hazel shells
With a sweet kernel; to set budding more,
And still more, later flowers for the bees,
Until they think warm days will never cease,
For Summer has o'er-brimm'd their clammy cells.
Who hath not seen thee oft amid thy store?
Sometimes whoever seeks abroad may find
Thee sitting careless on a granary floor,
Thy hair soft-lifted by the winnowing wind;
Or on a half-reap'd furrow sound asleep,
Drows'd with the fume of poppies, while thy hook
Spares the next swath and all its twined flowers:
And sometimes like a gleaner thou dost keep
Steady thy laden head across a brook;
Or by a cyder-press, with patient look,
Thou watchest the last oozings hours by hours.
Where are the songs of Spring? Ay, where are they?
Think not of them, thou hast thy music too,--
While barred clouds bloom the soft-dying day,
And touch the stubble-plains with rosy hue;
Then in a wailful choir the small gnats mourn
Among the river sallows, borne aloft
Or sinking as the light wind lives or dies;
And full-grown lambs loud bleat from hilly bourn;
Hedge-crickets sing; and now with treble soft
The red-breast whistles from a garden-croft;
And gathering swallows twitter in the skies.


I’m writing my first every commentary on that. All Mr. Tett told us to do was to write a commentary, not even explaining what it is… Yikes! Did I tell you I’m not liking higher English? And Physics – I feel like such a loner in it! I have my first unit test on Wednesday: fun, fun, FUN!

On the latter note, GREY’S ANATOMY SOUNDTRACK COMES OUT TOMORROW!! Oh and LINKIN PARK IS COMING TO SINGAPORE!!! Nil and I have already decided that a bunch of us should go, it’s the 13th on November, the day before my beloved day (: [Sistic Link]

I shall soon get back to “To Autumn” before I’ll have an all nighter. Mr. Lumb is an evil homework giver and higher maths is rather hard. I suck at Chemistry too. So far Economics and French are the only ok ones – how sad!

Gumboot getting along great. Yesterday, Tamar and I went over to Nil's place and we figured out a routine which I think I might have just perfected in the shower! "Oh we could've taken a shower at the same time you know!" Today's group got down two steps which is good! I am hopeful (:

Funny little scene today in the morning:

“You know Ben sent me Rice Crispies” says Yeen.
“You mean by post?” asks Huey.
“No, he got his sister to give it to him” replies Yeen.
“See see! He still lowves you a lot man!!” points out Huey rather loudly.
“Nooooooooooooooooooo! I’m just hungry lah!” exclaims Yeen.
“Hungry for his love!!” adds Petra.


Oh gosh damn funny! Petra you’re pro man! Also this during lunch on Mufti Friday at the hawkers:

“Jereon, do you have a six pack?” asks Nil. After Jereon nods politely Nil adds, “Can I see it?!?!”


LMAO, that was funny too!

5 comments:

Tamar said...

*points to one of the posts WAY Down there somewhere*
I AM THE NEW WHO?!?!?!
I want to know!!!
OH and btw. i am dying for ingerris. Its SOOO difficult. You know I think that this commentary is going to count for our first assessment which means mines going to be shite, but actually I don't think I can be bothered to change mine anymore because i already wrote one page (handwritten) which means I've only tog one and a half to go! :) yay me.. however it is incredibly bad!!!

[hooi] said...

I'm screwed too. To Autumn is very confusing!!

Anonymous said...

the 13th is also my dad's birthday :) :S ah well.

[hooi] said...

REELI?!?! That's my nephews birthday, one day earlier... Awww, does that mean you won't want to come?!

Unknown said...

hope u did well on that commentary. my hair looked amazing for picture day which was today. i was so happy. it was amazingly straight! yay!