Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Pillowman

I re-read "The Pillowman" by Martin McDonagh last night. Holly had given me the play to read a while back and I always had it in my bag to give it back but I never did. Found it in my bookshelf last night and just read it. I really like - it's really humourous and its black comedy which I like.. I suggest you guys read it.

For some reason this little conversation popped up in my head last night. A slightly worrying conversation between Neha and I.

Huey: Eugh I feel sooo fat..
Neha: Why?
Huey: Cause I just had a whoole lot of KHEER!
Neha: Oh my gosh Huey Kheer is the most fattening thing out there.
Huey: I know but what to do, I LOVE mishti's (sweets)
Neha: Well you should go to India then. You'll find a lot there
Huey: What, why? I'm Bengali
Neha: Oooooooooooooooh you're Bengali.
Huey: ...?
Neha: Yeaah that's right you're Bengali...
Huey: ...?
Neha: I've always known Huey as Bangladeshi, not Bengali
Huey: -_-"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i always thought to be bangladeshi and to be bengali where two different things...??