Monday, October 20, 2008

UN Day

UN Night was fun. Not as fun as last year but it was fun. I was quite pleased with Gumboot this year and I believe Tamar was too. However we couldn't really find anyone to carry the legacy forward cause everyone who did Gumboot last year as well are leaving, including the three Grade niners. Oh well - we'll see what happens.

Since we had little Middle School kids in our act we performed two extra shows just for them. It was great cause we could catch up on the mistakes we were making without a care for a big mistake. The first one went fine... Perfect. The second one however... Wellllll, Tamar starts of by singing and well she lost her voice half way through and cracked. It was damn funny. Everyone just started laughing and no one really sang. And I couldnt stop laughing. I SOMEHOW managed to say "1 2 3" but I couldn't sing. And after that Tamar got really conscience and just kept singing to herself. Glad it happened at that show though cause if it happened to any others I wouldv'e worried. Afterwards everytime she'd sing at the show everyone backstage would just laugh as a sigh of relief. Bwahaha...

During the day we were allowed to wear our national costume and I called about asking people if they were to wear a full salwar kameez or just the kameez. Then I think Pallavi asked me to wear the whole thing and so I did. Stupid enough I wore one where my stupid stupid STUPID tailor didn't put a zip on so getting out was a pain. Luckily there was Petra and Priscilla who helped me out of my misery. And I wore a chose (where it the pants are tight and bunch up at the bottom) and the stupid tailor once again stitched the bottoms weirdly and its not the most comfortable thing in the world. But it was funn!

I had my French oral in the morning. It was fine, I just made blunt and stupid mistakes like saying "je d'accord" instead of "je suis d'accord" and yeah. Stupid stupid. So for the rest of French I didn't work. Then we had Chemistry; we worked in Chemistry. ToK, we didn't have it for the third week in a row because Mrs. Niedermeyer was involved in a car accident and fractured her spine. And Mr. Abad wasn't there to give us a cover teacher either. And I skipped Physics Practical cause I'd have to leave in 10mins due to the Gumboot performace.

The night itself was ok. The Italian pasta was AWESOME!! And of course there were the regulars. The stuff from the Isreali foodstall was nice too... Neha ans Shreya came to watch and Neha was stuck in a traffic jam so I was with Shreya for a while until Neha came JUST in time with the tickets.

Thats all that really happened on UN Night. Pictures!:

Gumboot had a 1min intro with only 9 people on stage and backstage only screaming out a few words half way through. Tamar, Pallavi, Holly, Jerry, Priscilla, Me, Yeen, Petra and Nil.
Pallavi and I
Petra and I - German / Malay pride thereThe Gumboot People who came from out group; minus Udayan - Nil, Holly, Petra, Tamar, Priscilla, Yeen, Me, Greg, GregorGrrr for Gumboot (Dunno why we all bent down like that) - Nil, Petra, Priscilla, Yeen, Tamar and I

No comments: