Thursday, March 1, 2007

The Unquiet Grave

One of my favourite poems - soo funny... IB, you get FOUR double free; why didn't anyone tell me before?!? AND by the way NIL, HL Maths doesn't take away a double period...

The Unquiet Grave

The wind doth blow today, my love,
And a few small drops of rain.
I never had but one true love,
In cold grave she was lain.
I'll do as much for my true love,
As any young man may,
I'll sit and mourn all at her grave,
For a twelve month and a day.
The twelthmonth and a day being up,
The dead began to speak,
Oh who sits weeping on my grave
And will not let me sleep
Tis I, my love, sits on your grave,
And will not let you sleep,
For i crave one kiss of your clay cold lips,
And thats all i seek."
You crave one kiss of my clay cold lips,
But my breath smells earthly strong,
And if you have one kiss of my cold clay lips,
Your time will not be long."
Tis down in yon garden green,,
Love,where we used to walk,
The finest flower that ere was seen
Is withered to a stalk."
"The stalk is withered dry my love,
So will our hearts decay,
So make yourself content my love,
Till god calls you away"
- Anonymous Poet

No comments: