Sunday, August 17, 2008

15th August - A Long Day

"Look Neha's best friends with herself!" - Anisha

Oh wow a lot happened on the 15th. Firstly it was the father's 3rd anniversary so we just kinda had tea and low fat digestive biscuits and said "congrats your not dead yet!"
 
And it was India's independence day. Which doesn't affect me at all but it felt like the Indian Independence Parade was happenin
g downstairs in the flat they're repainting. I could hear the guys talking in Hindi, Urdu, Tamil and Bengali. 

And then woo hoo it was Anisha's 18th birthday! So early in the day I made mousse - which I didn't get to taste :( And then Fish, Neha and I decided to meet around five to finish Anisha's present.
Basically It's a black book with like 70 pictures of the last year and what we've been up to.  Full of NTU memories. So we had to stick everything in and stuff. Sadly I forgot the double-sided sticky tape at home so I had to go down and get it. On the way up I met Neha who was getting there late and we walked up the hill. Then *honk honk* Anisha's Dad drives pasts and we go crap! 

Anyways so we keep making the book. Anisha called us at 7.30pm and we get and sms saying "hey you guys come a bit earlier if you can cause the pizza might get cold :)" So as per Fishy's wishes the three of us send the exact same message at the exact same time to freak her out. But she wasn't fooled - mainly cause Uncle called her to tell her we were walking up the hill. 

So then around 7 we went to Anisha's place - singing happy birthday as soon as she opened the door and I attacked her with silly string. Then we had ridiculous portions of Rocky's pizza (eugh they gave me the two biggest slices) and hung out with every time of Coke available. 

Then we cam-whored on Anisha's laptop. And then played monopoly.. Then we had the annual really sweet fake cocktail drink which I brought. I brought blue this time hoping for a change in taste - it taste the same as the pink one from last year. Next year it'll be different though :)

And then I had to leave early to get to a dawat which I was forced to go to. Basically Roksana Aunty's sister is her and I had to talk to her son. It was ok - he was fun to talk to. But sometimes there were these silent moments and I didn't have anything to talk about. His name is Kaivan and he's headed for NYU this year. Smarttt! 

---------

OMG SCHOOL STARTS TOMORROW!! Crap!! These holidays seem too short yet the last day of school seems eons away. In fact orientation seems like a long time ago but it was the beginning of this week... Almost finished world lit. and EE is, I don't even want to talk about it. 

No comments: