Friday, December 22, 2006

Yunus fever

Tea garden in Bangladesh

Right now it's Muhammed Yunus fever... Eugh! So annoying I've been forced to watch the speech liek TWICE and see the dance routine about FOUR times... AAAAH!! If I hear "amar sona Bangla" again I'm gonna scream...

Now don't get me wrong - I have nothing against him and GrameenBank AND the fact that he won the Noble Peace Prize. Nothing of that sort, it's just SO WHAT?! I mean right now majority of Bangladesh has already watched his speech and his proud - don't get me wrong I am proud. BUT what exactly is people doing after watching the speech?! Kicking the next beggar they see on the floor again... If they're SOOO hyped up about Md. Yunus achieving so much then they should be the LEAST BIT inspired. They don't follow his footsteps - they're just PROUD!! I mean hello, if your sooo excited then be inspired and do things which better the community... That does not mean go create an empire of banks which helps the poor - but ATLEAST give money to the next beggar you see even though he might be taking a run for you...

Well now if I'm ever asked about what I'm proud about Bangladesh, I don't have to answer with corruption or poverty or unemployment, I can say Mohammed Yunus... :D Joking!! And lemme repeat - I got nothing against the man or his ethos!!

Hehe read this :

Son: Dad, please don't start with this lecture again
Dad: SMS generation. Say more than four lines and they think it's a lecture...

Ahaha I knicked that off somewhere - anyone care to tell me from where?! Must say - it's soooo true...

Nothing much to mention today. Been studying - if I wanted to I could do more but I'm a bit lazy... I Think we're all a bit lazy right now... After Christmas though everything should be SERIOUS!!

People, please notice my change in MSN name cause it's SOOO cute : "with one leg in the past and one in the future... it's no wonder we're pissing on the present".

Tonight have dinner at the twins... Right now there's only 3 families left in NTU. Rest either LEFT (B1 & B2, Noreen, Tasnim) or are on holiday (Tabi, apu). I'm gonna be tres bored!! BAAAH!! But the twins are lovable and entertaining enough!!

Lov to all - happy studying... Mwaaaah

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know that is really true. i watched it atleast a dozen times too. that flower and the flag thing at the end was hilarious. mum thought it was neat.

Anonymous said...

issh tui ato chinta koro kan. bangladesh-er khota boltoso, kuno change hobena... tikache?! pagol chagol...

Anonymous said...

Wow! i can't belive B1 & B2 left... hahha your mom told my mom Lol .. they were on the phone! and my mum doesn't let me call overseas ahharey
dude just gimme [the light] your hand phone numb Lol